Monday, March 11, 2013

The Dawn

I've been looking forward to start writing a blog since a very long time. The only issue that I had to face was a topic or theme for my blog. According to the current circumstance that prevails in the country, I thought that it would be most appropriate if I start replying to Buddhist Strength Force or to be more precise 'Bodu Bala Sena' and Galgoda Atthe Gnanasara Thero.

The reason for me to choose this topic goes back to my childhood. Being raised on a village with a majority of Buddhists, I know the value of Buddhism, Buddhists and Buddha himself. Hence I have a high respect for Buddhism in my mind. That is what my religion has also taught me.

I've seen, from the days I was a toddler, how Buddhist monks behave, speak and act. I do not see any of such qualities in Gnanasara Thero. Hence, if I address him as 'venerable', it is a great insult for other venerable, admirable, kindhearted Buddhist priests whom I came across since my childhood, who serve Buddhism and the country with their knowledge and wisdom.

I urge all my Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim and Burgher friends to read my blog and feel free to share your valuable comments with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment